From 09 November to 15 December 2018, Chroniques, first biennal dedicated to digital art and culture in the south of France, offers six weeks of exhibitions on the curatorial topic Levitation. Chroniques is held by Seconde Nature and Zinc, in the framework of Future DiverCities.
International event dedicated to contemporary and digital creation, Chroniques invites connoisseurs, curious, neophytes to explore the ways of Levitation, curatorial topic of this first edition. For Chronique’s program: an exhibition parcours composes by artworks in more than ten emblematic venus of Marseille: a Friche Belle de Mai, Le FRAC PACA, le 3 bis f, la Galerie des Grands -Bains Douches, la Chambre du Commerce et de l’Industrie de Marseille, le Pavillon Noir, thecamp, la Chapelle de la Visitation, le Gallifet Art Center, le Lieu 9. During one month and a half, numerous events will punctuate this ambitious programme.
Chroniques will also welcome Québec as a special guest and in the framework of a two days professional meetings at thecamp, innovation campus based in Aix-en-Provence. In partnership the Quebecker Biennal Elektra, Chroniques proposes the International Market of Digital Arts with the attendance of artists, producers, curators and institutions. This professional meetings will focus on the theme “Creative City”.
Chroniques Biennal is supported by numerous cultural actors from Aix-en-Provence, Marseille and the Southern Region of France: Lab Gamerz, Hexalab, Alphabetville, GMEMCNCM- marseille, Diffusing Digital Art, 3 bis f, FRAC Provence-Alpes-Côte d’Azur, Ballet Preljocaj, Anonymal, Reso-nance Numérique, Elektra -BIAN 2018, Cabaret Aléatoire et l’AMI, Edis Fonds de Dotation, ON_Octobre numérique, Le Hublot, anthéa Antipolis Théâtre d’Antibes, Le Liberté Scène nationale de Toulon, Fées d’hiver, Biennale Nemo Paris Ile-de- France, Stereolux/Festival Scopitone.
The opening weekend will kick off the whole event Friday 09th and Saturday 10th of November. Two days of orbiting phase at the crossroads between vernissages, performances and electronic music.
Chroniques in facts and figures:
• A metropolitan event at the urban territory level of Aix-en-Provence and Marseille
• One month and a half of exhibitions, showcases, performances, workshops, concerts and professional meetings
• About 50 000 attendees expected overall – 10 000 for the opening week-end
• 13 emblematic venues between Aix-enProvence and Marseille
• 50 national and international invited
• 50 partenaires engagés
• A production plateform
Discover the full programme here.
• Among the projects curated:
• Lumière III from Robert Henke, composer, artist and software programmer
• Control No Control from Daniel Iregui, new media artist
• Median from the choreographer Hiroaki Umeda
• Dopplereffekt, Randomer, Sleeparchive for their Live and DJ Sets.