Digital Calligraffiti strikes again with our second live Networked Scenario between Beirut and Berlin on 28 September.
Public Art Lab and From Here To Fame Publishing are transforming the built-in screen of Collegium Hungaricum Berlin into a digital canvas which will be connected with a projection wall in Beirut Goethe Institute.
The artists in both cities will start a trans-local dialogue, sending calligraffiti messages back and forth via a networked live performance to celebrate the opening of the new Goethe Institute of Beirut. The artists in Beirut will be Schriftzug, Hayat Chabban, Niels Shoe Meulman, MOE calligraffiti, Hamza Abu Ayyash & Michael Ang on the Infl3ctor. The artists in Berlin will include Kadir Amigo Memis – facilitated by the interactive light table Infl3ctor developed by media artists Michael Ang aka Mang & Hamza Abu Ayyash – run by @VJ Zoey Vero in Berlin.
In Beirut, Digital Calligraffiti is part of the White Wall 2017 Festival curated by Don Karl (From Here To Fame Publishing house) and Goethe Institute Beirut. Famous artists like eL Seed and Case are invited to paint their calligraffiti on buildings in large-scale size…
• DATE: 28. September 2017 20:00 – 22:00
• Schedule Berlin time 19:00 – 22:00
• Berlin Venue: Balassi Institut – Collegium Hungaricum Berlin (Dorotheenstraße 12 | 10117 Berlin)
• Schedule Beirut time 20:00 – 22:00
• Beirut Venue: Goethe Institute – Beirut (Nahr Ibrahim Street, Facing Sacré-Coeur School back entrance، Gemmayzeh، Beirut, Lebanon)
A project initiated by: Susa Pop | Public Art Lab
Curated by: Don Stone |From Here to Fame Publishing House
With the contributions of: Hamza Abu Ayyash